This Asian inspired salad is made with Boston Pickling Cucumbers. It’s cool and refreshing on a hot summer day, and it’s a perfect accompaniment to homemade veggie sushi rolls.
- 1 lb thin skinned cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- assorted microgreens – for extra nutrients
- 1 tablespoon hemp or sesame seeds
Sprinkle the cucumber slices with the salt and let stand in a colander for 15 minutes.
In a salad bowl, stir in the vinegar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil (if using). Toss in the cucumber slices and the avocado. Sprinkle with the microgreens and hemp seeds and serve.